Lydia Palmiotti is an NYC-based multidisciplinary designer. Lydia completed her Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree at The Fashion Institute of Technology, specializing in women's sportswear. During her 6 years in the corporate fashion world, designing women's apparel, she discovered her keen interest in graphic, package, and branding design. She has created freelance projects for various companies, mixing her background of art and design into captivating and innovative projects to represent and showcase the companies' aesthetics. When she is not designing, you can find her painting or drawing, spending time outdoors, or running her own vintage clothing business. She is a passionate and creative individual who loves a new design challenge.
Lydia has worked at American Eagle passionately designing women's woven tops for 6 years. She has grown from an assistant designer to a designer, managing a team of 4 associates and growing the business through innovative, brand-right product. Lydia oversaw the entire design process from trend/concept research, sketching, assorting the line, fit process to the final stages of production. During her time as a full-time designer, she picked up various freelance graphic, packaging, and brand design projects on the side for a challenge.
Skills & Experience
- Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign
- Brand design, logo design, graphic design & packaging design
- Drawing, sketching, painting in various media such as oil paint, charcoal, watercolor, acrylic, & pencil
- Digital drawing and illustration on procreate
- Sewing, draping, tailoring & pattern-making
- Trend forecasting, concept research & art direction
LMP721@gmail.com | 845-625-7362